1) Spreadsheet Study
-This study is primarily for creating custom studies (indicators), drawing lines in chart regions, and other calculations.
2) Spreadsheet System/Alert
-This study is essentially the same as the Spreadsheet Study study except that it also contains settings specific to alerts.
3) Spreadsheet System for Trading
-This study is designed for automated trading strategies. It has many additional outputs useful for this task.
4) The basic structure of the spreadsheet studies:
a) Each row corresponds to a bar on the chart. The current bar is in Row 3; earlier bars are in rows below. This means the array is in descending order.
b) Columns A-G contain the Bar open DateTime, OHLC, Volume, and # of trades.
c) Column H is open and intended for the user’s intermediate calculations. Other open cells are Row 1 of Columns K-Z, I1, I2, J1, and J2.
5) Column J contains a mix of read-only and user defined cells relative to the chart and system. Column I contains the titles for the cells in Column J.
6) Columns K-Z are for the user’s formulas. This can be expanded to include columns K-BR with the Number of Formula Columns setting 16-60. Formulas are entered in Row 3, and when the chart is updated, those formulas will be advanced and auto-filled in rows below. In the Spreadsheet System For Trading study, columns K-N are the entry/exit signal columns, columns O-Z…BR are for the user’s formulas that require auto-filling in rows below. In the other two spreadsheet studies, columns K-Z…BR are for the user’s formulas.
7) Columns AA and above contain the output values of the chart indicator studies. This can be moved as far as column BS to allow up to 60 user-formula columns K-BR with the Number of Formula Columns setting 16-60. The Chart Studies’ Studies to Graph list determines in what order the study outputs appear in the spreadsheet columns.
8) Row 2 of Columns K-Z…BR are for user-defined names for the respective subgraphs SG1-SG16…SG60.
9) Cells can be formatted for font color and background color only.